Pilates for low back pain and prenatal ladies
What is Pilates?
Pilates is a form of exercise which combines flexibility and strength training with body awareness, breathing and relaxation. Exercise should be kept at a low intensity and minimal exertion
Pilates targets the core ( tummy) and pelvic floor muscles. Strong core and pelvic muscles may help ease the pregnancy process
Is Pilates safe during pregnancy?
Yes, in fact it is one of the best form of exercises that you can do when you are pregnant
The Pilates Program tailored to pregnant women is tailored to target the pelvic floor, back and stomach
Physiological changes during pregnancy
- Mechanical changes related to the growing weight of the breast, uterus and fetus
- Also, there is an increase in the lumbar lordosis, resulting in the shift of the women’s center of gravity resulting in postural imbalance and back pain
Impact of Pregnancy on Exercise Performance
- By the 6th month of pregnancy, the intensity of the exercise should decrease
- And in the 3rd trimester, pregnant woman would have to be more
Who should avoid rigorous exercises?
- They are certain medical conditions such as preterm labour pregnancy induced hypertension, which you should avoid doing any rigorous exercises
- Kindly consult your doctors if you have any concerns